Tuesday 9 October 2007

Calatrava and Judd







I want to look at the way Santiago Calatrava makes decoconstructivist buildings, more soon...

update: From my observations of Santiago Calatrava I created these sculptures using cross-sections to make curved surfaces.
Calatrava uses hundreds of individual triangular forms to give the overall impression of a smooth, flowing form. This also has the side effect of producing interference patterns between the units and gives the surface a regular texture.
I intend to use the school laser to create more complex and precise 3D forms. This kind of work lends itself to the use of foamboard and balsa wood.

1 comment:

Lol said...

your work is inspiring to me, maybe you will have a great affect on my nation. We in Brazil have very few artists to inspire towards and are interested in having you as our patron saint of art. If you are interested please reply.